P90X3

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Drenched in Diamonds!

I'm about to embark on another goal and what better way to stay accountable than to share with 500+ of my closest friends, right??  haha!  As many of you know this year has been my "work in progress" year.  It's funny, you get to a point in your life where you just need to find your "passion".  Sure, there are many purposes in our lives that we are very passionate about.  Think of all the roles you fill each and every day.  But by passion, I mean the one thing that is YOUR thing that makes YOU look in the mirror and fall in love with the person that looks back at you.

 My husband, for example, is passionate about baseball.  He has coached high school baseball players since before I met him.  I can remember my boys being the "bat-boys" for his teams when they were little.  He lives and breathes for the boys that he coaches and has made a huge impact on hundreds of young men's lives. He teaches them more than the game of baseball.  He teaches them about life.  It's amazing how they all have stayed in touch with him as they've moved on and graduated from college and started the next phase of their lives.  Nothing makes him smile more than a phone call from one of his past players.  That's the passion I was looking for.

Ironically, I stumbled upon my passion by accident!  I quit smoking and needed a habit to replace the habit.  I started running to lose some of the weight I gained when I quit smoking.  I joined a gym.  I ran a 5K.  I was proud of myself for making changes in my life that not only made me look better but also made me feel better and get healthier.  I was doing something I could be proud of.  I was leading by example for my kids.  I was showing everyone that I could do it, and that I could stick with it.  I began to see results.

In January of this year I found my passion.  A friend introduced me to Beachbody and the coaching business.  At first, I just wanted a discount on the Beachbody products.  I wanted to get on the Shakeology shakes (because I knew if I invested $$ in the shakes it would not only help me get the results I wanted but it would also motivate me to stick with my running workouts.) I started drinking the shakes and then decided to try the Insanity Beachbody workout program.  Best decision EVER!  I joined an Insanity Accountability group on facebook and met others doing the same workouts.  The encouragement and support on that page was amazing.  I met other Beachbody coaches that truly pushed me every day to be better.  When I wanted to skip a workout they were there to make me push play.  They believed in me because they knew if they could do it, then so could I.  So for 60 days straight I pushed play and pushed myself hard to stay committed to the program.  And then there was SUCCESS!

I was so motivated by my results and by the other Beachbody coaches that I decided I wanted to be THAT person!  I wanted to be the friend that motivated others to stick with their goals.  If I could do it, so could they.  So I started actively "coaching". By coaching, I mean sharing my journey with others and giving them the support to start their own journeys.  It has been nothing short of amazing.

October 1st my team will be kicking off our 90 day to Diamond Challenge. We have all committed to taking our businesses to the next level!!  We are going to be working hard to reach the Diamond Rank and grow our teams.  I know we will be successful because there are millions of people out there that are currently in the same "place" I was back in January of this year.  Millions of people that want to start their journeys but just don't know where to start.  And we'll be here to help them get started and push them along the way.  We're paying it forward.  And as everything comes full circle, we're going to find some diamonds in the rough that are going to realize that they too have a passion for helping others.  And they're going to jump on board with us and start the cycle over again.

So as my team takes this challenge and we work to be "drenched in diamonds", I challenge all of you to find YOUR passion.  Find something that you LOVE.  Something that you can be proud of.  And then pay it forward by helping someone else find theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment