P90X3

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I thought 40 was the new 30??

Funny - I remember turning the BIG 4-0 and everyone telling me "oh, don't worry about it!  40 is the new 30!!"

Well, apparently somebody forgot to tell my knees, ankles and hips that!!  It's been 5 days since the 5K (where I beat my boss if you've forgotten) and I still have some tightness going on with my left hip.  Don't get me wrong, I miss working out.  I miss it so much I decided I would try to make up for lost time by only using the upstairs bathroom at work.  That's about 200 additional steps each trip! I was doing great until yesterday when I decided just once I could visit the downstairs location. Of course when I got there the janitor had it closed for cleaning.  Is that karma or what??  Somebody is holding me accountable! 

I think my family has finally accepted that I'm serious this time and this work-out craze is not just a phase - I really am that crazy person that wants to run in the mud, swing on a rope over water, slide down a hill and race to the finish line. Not only do I want to complete "The Mud Run" in September; I want to be competitive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment