P90X3

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cupid's Calling!

Oh how I love thee, February 14th!!  Picture this: You're gazing into your significant other's eyes while sipping champagne nestled in front of a crackling fire.  You've finished a romantic dinner for two and even nibbled on a few chocolate covered strawberries.  The night is young and the music soft and he's gently massaging your shoulders while whispering his undying love for you in your ear.

HA!!  Does that really happen?!?  Let's let reality set in.  Romantic Husband is out of town.  Teenagers are doing their own thing (which typically does not involve hanging out with MOM).  And I'm home alone. Power on Empty Nest Fitness Quest!  So what is a girl to do??  Make a date with a Pilates Instructor!!!  Yep, I'm going to take my first Group Fitness Class ever!  I'm a little nervous. Why?

1) I've never taken a group Fitness Class
2) I don't know anyone in the group fitness class
3) Will I look like a mom having a mid-life crisis by taking a fitness class on Valentine's Day??
4) I've never done Pilates
5) I'm not really quite sure what Pilates is exactly?  (I know it's about the core)

So, why Pilates?  Well, I still haven't recovered from the 5K two weeks ago.  I did something to my left leg. Have I gone to a doctor?  No.  Will I?  Probably not.  I know that most likely I over did it.  I ran faster and harder than I ever had before.  I was used to running on a treadmill as opposed to pavement.  It's quite a difference.  I think with time it will heal.  I just hope it heals sooner than later because the next 5K is April 10th!  Check it out here!

In the mean time, I've got to do some training.  Unfortunately, what I can do is limited.  So I've been doing some research and it looks like Pilates is a great way to strengthen your core.  A strong core is important for any type of distance running in preventing injuries.  It just makes sense.

So stay tuned!!!  Who knows - maybe my romantic husband will have a bouquet of flowers delivered to the Pilates class room!   A girl can dream :-)

Let me know how you'll be spending your Valentine's Day!!!!  

2 comments:

  1. LOL, I'll be spending Valentines Day with my DENTIST...Can it get any worse than that? Root Scaling, so I will be swollen,and on a soft diet for 3 days, Guess thats one way to avoid that box of chocolates... I've been doing yoga along with my walk/run training, I find it helps to stretch out those TIGHT running muscles...let us know how pilates work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww OH NO!!! So sorry to hear that! Believe it or not I can relate. last year I spent one of my vacation weeks home recovering from a gum graft and the second week home recovering from having my wisdom teeth out!
    I've currently got braces (at 41 lol)!! So I get to go for monthly dental visits :-)
    It's all part of the new year new me philosophy! WOOT!
    Thanks for reading my blog!! Do you write one?

    ReplyDelete