P90X3

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How an Accountability Partner Can Inspire Your Workouts

According to an article written in the Washington Post, 40 -50% of us make New Year's Resolutions.  Of those people, only 40% of us claim to have succeeded with sticking to those resolutions for at least six months.  The numbers drop consistently per week.  One study showed that only 77 % of us stayed on track for the first week, and that after two weeks, it drops even farther to just 71%.

The GOOD news is that those of us that DO make it to the six month mark, typically stay the course.  So, how do you make sure that YOU are in the 40% that crushes your New Year's Goals?

There's lots of tips for staying the course like setting realistic goals, keeping goals simple and measurable, and writing your goals down on paper.  But one of the BEST ways to ensure you stay accountable, is to hook up with an "accountability partner."



Your Accountability Partner should be someone that wants to reach the same types of goals that you do.  For example, if your goal is to live healthy and ramp up your workouts, then your accountability partner should have that same goal!

At Team Beachbody, I have met several like minded individuals that keep me on track daily.  I am surrounded with HAPPY people that lift me up when I am feeling down, push me when I want to give up, and help me when I'm looking for advice.

We have online Facebook groups for support, weekly conference calls and book clubs centering around self development.

You can use an accountability partner too!

1) Find a friend who wants to start their health journey with you
2) Put your plan together - what workouts will you do?  When will you do them?
3) Plan out your menus together - share healthy recipes & snack ideas.
4) MEAL PREP! - if you live near each other, have a MEAL PREP Sunday and spend some quality time with your buddy prepping your snacks and meals for the week.  If you don't live close by, share pictures with each other of your prepping.
5) TEXT each other before and after your workouts. Some times just knowing you are going to get that text message will push you into throwing on your workout clothes and getting to work.  And nothing feels better than bragging about your workout with an after workout selfie :)

Do you have an accountability partner?  If not, I'd love to help you!!  Come chat with me on my Facebook page or leave me a message below and we'll get started!



No comments:

Post a Comment